Friday, April 14, 2006

Movin' on


If you're gonna start a football program from scratch, I guess it's not a bad idea to hire someone who's at least probably met Roy Kidd.

EKU assistant Matt Kitchie is headed for his hometown of Bradenton, Fla., to be the first head coach at Saint Stephens High School. He leaves after just one year working with the Colonels' wide receivers. I'm just guessing here, but perhaps the Florida boy (or the Mrs.?) didn't much care for Kentucky winters. (Can't say I blame him; homesickness is a powerful pull.) From the story in Thursday's (Bradenton) Herald:
"I did the college football thing and enjoyed every minute of it," Kitchie said. "But I decided that wasn't the best thing for me and my family."
I wonder if he made enough of a connection to establish a south Florida recruiting pipeline for Eastern?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home