Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Games of the Year

Is it football season yet? No? Well, OK, to help pass the time until it actually arrives, the OVC Football Blog is asking its readers to select the OVC Games of the Year for the 2006 season. We'll have three categories:
  1. OVC Game of the Year (the best matchup within the league)
  2. Non-Conference Game of the Year (the best matchup between an OVC team and a I-AA team from outside the league)
  3. I-A Game of the Year (the best game between an OVC team and a I-A squad)
Send your nominations to ovc@cableone.net. I'll compile the nominations into three online polls, and post them here in a few weeks. The nomination deadline is July 11 (that's two weeks away).

2 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, June 27, 2006, Blogger Maynard said...

Shoot, for I-A game there can be no question. Tech vs. Middle Tennessee is the only true choice there. The rekindling of one of the OVC's most historically bitter rivalries, the chance for a I-AA vs. I-A upset (hey, I can dream), and because I said so. Who could ask for more?

For ease, here is a link to all the I-A vs. OVC games: http://ovcfootball.blogspot.com/2006/03/last-but-not-least.html

 
At 8:41 AM, June 28, 2006, Blogger EKUpride said...

OVC Game of the Year: EIU at EKU
Best between non-conference I-AA schools: Western Kentucky at EKU and EIU at Illinois St.
Best game between I-A and I-AA: EKU at Cincinnati

 

Post a Comment

<< Home