Saturday, June 24, 2006

Help is on the way


All the transfers winding up at EIU have been thouroughly discussed in a comment thread somewhere down the page. Now the Journal Gazzette/Times-Courier in Charleston is catching up with our readers.

Saturday's JGTC has stories on the latest two transfers to sign on with the Panthers. The first looks at Jeff Sobol, a defensive lineman who will get to line up against his former school, Illinois, in EIU's season opener Sept. 2

“September 2nd is sounding real good right now,” Sobol said. “I can’t wait for that. I can’t wait to run out on Memorial Stadium. I’m definitely going to be hyped up for it. I get excited just thinking about it. I don’t have anything to prove. I just want to play good football and come out with a win.”

The second story is on Matt Westrick, a California guy who bounced around life a little before finally landing in college and on a team in Charleston.

“I worked real jobs, and man, it’s not fun n 13 hour days and being on call for water damage and mold restoration,” Westrick said. “I got tired of doing it, to be honest. One day it was just ‘what am I doing?’ It’s a waste of time. I went back and started playing junior college at Grossmont.”
Any other transfers of note out there in OVC-land we haven't heard about yet?

1 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, June 25, 2006, Blogger Maynard said...

http://www.al.com/sportsflash/local/index.ssf?/base/sports-8/115127606341580.xml&storylist=alabamasports

Backup Arkansas QB Mortensen transfers to Samford. Son of ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home