Monday, August 07, 2006

I want my OVC TV


I got an e-mail from the OVC Web site about OVCSports.tv today. Looks like they've decided on their subscription prices for the game webcasts.

A football season subscription costs $59.95, and a basketball subscription is the same price. You can buy both sports (including various other league events) for $99.95. Here's a link to the main subscription page, and one to the price listings.

I'm probably just a skinflint, but is that a little steep for an as-yet unproven technology? I'll probably wind up paying it, however, just out of sheer curiosity. Anyone else planning on subscribing? Anyone out there have experience with XOS's game broadcasts elsewhere?

The sample "live feed" the site offers apparently doesn't work with Firefox, though Internet Explorer 7(b) seems to pull it up fine in Windows Media Player. The feed is a loop of "moving" still photos of I-A teams (plus Penn), with moving graphical text and some background music. I'd still like to see how it handles real video footage before plunking down sixty bucks.

1 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, August 08, 2006, Blogger Maynard said...

I wonder if it includes women's basketball. Yes, the Tech fan wants to see WBB. Shocker, ain't it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home